Tropical peatlands session at EGU23
The EGU23 call for abstracts for the session Tropical Peatlands: Past, Present, Uncertain Future is awaiting your contribution! The session convenors are Professor Simon Lewis, Dr Greta Dargie, Dr Euridice Honorio Coronado and Professor Susan Page.
The conference will take place in Vienna, Austria and online from 23-28 April 2023. It is open to scientists of all nations.
We welcome contributions (oral talks or posters) on all aspects of tropical peatland science, including:
- peatland mapping and monitoring
- the impact of climate on past, present and future tropical peatland formation, accumulation and C dynamics
- GHG and nutrient flux dynamics
- management strategies for GHG emissions mitigation and the maintenance or restoration of C sequestration and storage
- valuing ancestral knowledge of peatlands.
Field based, experimental and modelling studies of intact and modified systems from all tropical regions are welcome.
EGU has in place participation support schemes to facilitate the widest possible on-site and virtual participation. Please see here for details of the schemes. The deadline for submission of abstracts is 1 December 2022, 13:00 CET if you are applying for financial support from the EGU.
To explore the session further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Professor Susan Page, School of Geography, Geology and the Environment, University of Leicester